(COD JOB #J19021)
[Full time] [IT Development] [Sibiu/Timisoara, Romania]
An international company with an important position in the IT market is looking for a System Manager for MariaDB/MySQL/NoSQL with experience in database tuning. They offer software and services that simplify and digitize business processes in the private and public sector. Apply directly by completing the form below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- would like to work primarily with MariaDB and MySQL but is also interested and curious about other open source databases, SQL and NoSQL
- provide technical support to application development teams. The System Manager is the point of contact for MariaDB
- ability to perform both DB and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- excellent knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL backup and recovery scenarios.
- design & implement processes for open source databases that will be possible to manage stable in a complex environment
- performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The System Manager works closely with other teams due to the complexity of infrastructure
- performs ongoing tuning of the database instances
- evaluates releases of all databases engines and their related tools, including third-party products, to ensure that the existing databases used in all the application are running the products that are most appropriate, in an optimal way.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in related fields, preferably Computer Science area, with an overall minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as DBA and/or System Manager
- in-depth knowledge of processes, research and performance analysis capabilities
- negotiation capabilities and problem-solving mindset
- effectively cope with change; comfortably adjust to alterations in work activities; able to decide and act with limited information; effectively handle risk and uncertainty in ambiguous situations
- demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations
- highly effective written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing effectively with a wide range of people
- digital skills (i.e. Google for Work apps)
- fluency in Business English is required
- customer oriented behaviour
- fast learner – research capabilities for obtaining the required information
- experience in managing and maintaining MariaDB/MySQL
- experience in managing and maintaining NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch) is a plus
- experience with Linux (shell commands)
- experience in establishing SQL Replications
- Powershell/Perl programming is a plus
- experience with SAN systems is a plus.
- an exciting position in an international working environment
- a dynamic and highly skilled international team
- good opportunities for career development
- competitive terms and conditions.
The last date for submitting is MAY 31, 2019.