(COD JOB #J19044)
[Full time] [IT] [Sibiu, Romania]
Our partner, located in Sibiu, is looking for System Manager (DBA) for MariaDB/MySQL/NoSQL with a minimum of 5-year experience. Their mission is to help its customers to work smarter with Cloud technology. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.
You will be a member of the Infrastructure Team in the IT Development Department.
- Would like to work primarily with MariaDB and MySQL but is also interested and curious about other open source databases, SQL and NoSQL
- Provides technical support to application development teams. The System Manager is the point of contact for MariaDB (Visma is Golden sponsor for mariadb.org )
- Ability to perform both DB and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments
- Excellent knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL backup and recovery scenarios
- Design & implement processes for open source databases that will be possible to manage stably in a complex environment
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The System Manager works closely with other teams due to the complexity of infrastructure
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances
- Evaluates releases of all databases engines and their related tools, including third-party products, to ensure that the existing databases used in all the application are running the products that are most appropriate, in an optimal way.
- Digital skills (i.e. Google for Work apps)
- Experience in managing and maintaining MariaDB/MySQL
- Experience in managing and maintaining NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch) is a plus
- Experience with Linux (shell commands)
- Experience in establishing SQL Replications
- Powershell/ Perl programming is a plus
- Experience with SAN systems is a plus.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in related fields, preferably Computer Science area, with an overall minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as DBA and/or System Manager
- In-depth knowledge of processes, research and performance analysis capabilities
- Negotiation capabilities and problem-solving mindset
Effectively cope with change; comfortably adjust to alterations in work activities; able to decide and act with limited information; effectively handle risk and uncertainty in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing effectively with a wide range of people
- Fluency in Business English is required
- Customer-oriented behavior
- Fast learner – research capabilities for obtaining the required information.
- international working environment;
- good opportunities for career development
- training and diverse work assignments.